How to get to know if a person is having a smartphone/mobile/internet addiction?
As per Phone Addiction Counseling in India, Almost 4 of the below discussed signs and symptoms are taken for meeting the criteria of mobile addiction.
- An urge for using the cell phone more and more often for gaining the same desired effect.
- People use their phones, even when they are with their friends and family.
- After waking up, the first thought comes to the mind of the person checking their phone.
- People start using their phones randomly.
- People start checking their phones for watching time.
- People Start using their mobile phones at the time of the instance of anxiety and depression.
- People put their relationships and jobs at risk because of the excessive use of cell phones.
- If people become Aggressive, facing tension and frustration during the low battery and weak network on mobile are seriously addicted to the phones.
How does mobile and internet addiction affect the person?
Over usage of mobile phones can result in various physical problems which can cause for long time Or even permanently damage to a individual and are difficult to cure such as:
As you know, the human eye is the important organ which is employed by using these devices. Eyes suffer from many issues:
o Feeling Pain and discomfort while using the digital screen for more than two hours.
o Feel Itching and burning sensation in eyes.
o Blurred vision.
o Fatigue in eyes.
o Feeling Headache while spending more time on these devices.
As per Phone Addiction Counseling in India, Looking continuously on the phone for a very long time can cause fatigue,pain and stiffness in the neck. This problem can also named by Text Neck.
A mobile screen has approximately the same amount of bacteria present as on the toilet seat. These germs cause many illnesses to childrens.
o Coli bacteria is present on the mobile phone which is also responsible for the cause of fever, vomiting, and bacteria.
o Phones have the contamination of MRSA, a strainful bacteria.
o MRSA bacteria causes painful abscesses.
o Phones can also lead to life-threatening infections in bones,injuries in joints, surgical wounds, bloodstreams, heart valves and lungs.
Psychological effects of mobile phones on a person are not initially seen but it can affect the person’s health in the long term.
o Smartphone addiction leads to sleeping disorders and fatigue in users.
o Using mobile phones before going to bed increases the chances of insomnia.
o The over brightness of the mobile screen decreases the sleep quality of a person.
o Mobile phones also increase the period of time a person takes to fall asleep.